The Ascension of Caine is a constructed V:TES Storyline event designed principally for play at the Grand Masquerade taking place in Berlin on 11th-14th May 2017, but which can be repeated by play groups worldwide.
Except as noted in these instructions, each Storyline game will follow the VEKN Constructed Tournament rules for card play and deck construction.
Each Storyline game will be timed to a maximum duration of 2 hours.
At least 75% (e.g. 9 out of 12) of the vampires in each player’s crypt must belong to the same clan. In this context, ‘clan’ includes all bloodlines, Panders and Imbued, but not Caitiff.
In addition to the standard list of VEKN banned cards and errata, the following changes
- The event card Recalled to the Founder is banned from play.
- The print and play cards Amulet of the Ancients, Visage of Caine and Nefertiti Advanced are legal for play.
- The cost to influence Ankla Hotep into play is reduced by 1 pool if you control a ready Setite, or is reduced by 2 pool if you control Nefertiti (any version).
- Any Justicar you control may take an action at +1 stealth to search your library for an Archon card and put that card in your hand (discard down afterwards).
- Any Cardinal you control may take an action at +1 stealth to search your library for a Templar card and put that card in your hand (discard down afterwards).
- If you control a ready vampire who has a city title for Berlin, then he or she gains +1 strength and +1 bleed.
This Storyline event will be played in a standard tournament format of 2 or 3 rounds, plus a concluding final of the top scoring players.